Apple Music has become a go-to platform for music lovers, offering a vast library of songs, albums, and playlists. While Apple Music provides a convenient streaming experience, you may sometimes wish to save your favorite tracks for offline listening or to have a personal copy. In this article, we will guide you through the process of recording from Apple Music, allowing you to enjoy your preferred songs even when you’re offline or outside the Apple Music app.
Method 1: Using Screen Recording on iOS Devices:
- Enable Screen Recording: On your iOS device (iPhone or iPad), open the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner (iPhone X or newer) or swiping up from the bottom (iPhone 8 or older). Tap the Screen Recording icon to enable it.
- Adjust Settings: To ensure optimal recording quality, long-press the Screen Recording icon in the Control Center. From here, you can select options like microphone audio recording (if desired) and video resolution.
- Start Recording: Open the Apple Music app and navigate to the song you want to record. Once ready, tap the Screen Recording icon in the Control Center to start the recording process. You’ll see a countdown timer indicating the recording has begun.
- Play the Song: Start playing the desired song in Apple Music. The screen recording will capture both the audio and video of your device’s display, including the audio output from the Apple Music app.
- Stop Recording: To stop the recording, access the Control Center again and tap the red recording indicator. Alternatively, you can tap the status bar at the top of your device’s screen and select “Stop” from the recording notification.
- Access the Recording: The recorded video will be saved to your Photos app. You can now play the video and listen to the recorded Apple Music song.
Method 2: Using Audio Recording Software on Mac:
- Download and Install Audio Recording Software: There are several reputable audio recording applications available for Mac, such as Audacity or GarageBand. Download and install the software of your choice.
- Configure Audio Settings: Launch the audio recording software and ensure the input source is set to capture system audio. This will allow you to record the audio output from your Mac, including Apple Music.
- Start Recording: Open the Apple Music app and select the song you want to record. Start playing the song, and then click the “Record” button in the audio recording software to start capturing the audio.
- Stop Recording: When you have finished recording the song, click the “Stop” button in the audio recording software to end the recording process.
- Save and Export the Recording: Once you have stopped recording, you can save the audio file in the desired format (e.g., MP3 or WAV) using the options provided by the audio recording software. Choose a location on your Mac to save the file.
- Access and Enjoy the Recording: You can now access the saved audio file and play it using your preferred media player or transfer it to your mobile device for offline listening.
Important Note: Recording from Apple Music for personal use is generally acceptable, but sharing or distributing copyrighted material is against the law. Ensure that you comply with copyright regulations and use the recorded content strictly for personal use.
By following the methods outlined above, you can easily record your favorite songs from Apple Music, allowing you to enjoy them offline or outside the Apple Music app. Whether you choose to use screen recording on your iOS device or audio recording software on your Mac, make sure to respect copyright laws and use the recordings for personal enjoyment only. Now you can create your own collection of Apple Music tracks, tailor-made for your listening preferences.